Scooter riding in Childhood


Everyone has experienced the first time they rode a vehicle. Mine was the old sturdy Lambretta that my father owned. Physically I was no match to the scooter as my toes barely touched the ground when I straddled it. Also I am sure I would be weighing less than half of the vehicle at that time. Initially I started with taking the vehicle off the stand and putting it back on stand. Then kicking it was an effort in itself. I would be standing full on the kick and put my entire weight to kick start, hoping that the gravitational force will do the trick. Over a period the knack of kick starting and putting on stand was learnt. Then the first time I took off was all instinctive. The thrill of spinning on the scooter was high. Obviously among the boys you are the dude. Then if an occasional glance come from the girls in your street you would feel as if you are riding two inches above the seat. The scooter being old used to breakdown at the most inappropriate places. Imagine the situation when the vehicle stops near to the girl's place and she is watching you trying to kick the scooter back to life. The frustration will be so much that you feel like kicking the butt of the vehicle and dissolve into thin air. At the end the only option left would be to push the vehicle and run away from there… 😀😀😀

PC - Photo by Patrick Craig on Unsplash

Comments

Popular Posts