Black money in Powder tins


Post demonetization of high value currency notes we know of stories of many people who discovered a lot of hidden notes, some still keep surfacing. My thoughts went to the days when I also had hidden black money with me. Yes during my childhood I had a fancy for one rupee coins and used to collect it from my papa and mummy. Whenever my mother used to give me the task to buy something and if the change I brought back had any one rupee coins then that would be mine. And I used to store it in those long cylindrical talcum powder tins we had in those days. And I used to keep those powder tins in deep corners, hidden under the clothes in my cupboard. That was my black money and I would not share it with anyone. I loved counting and recounting it every day. And each time when the count of coins go up I felt very happy. I had collected hundreds of them and that was my proud possession till when I had passed high school. My Mom also encouraged me because I was not spending it and keeping it safe.

When I was in college, a guest lecturer came and gave few tips about managing finance. His words got clicked and later I brought them into practice. Basically what he said was when you get salary try to delay spending money as much as possible. If some expenses can be postponed do it. Instead of spending everything in the first week keep postponing it till end of month. It got registered into my mind because by nature I liked saving more than spending…

Comments

Popular Posts