When Children Come Home



The image of my father that's permanently etched in my mind is one smiling face of his when he used to spot me at Railway station during my return home on vacation. He always used to be waiting for me just by the side of exit point of Durg railway station. When the train come and the crowd gets down he would spot me among the crowd. The anxious face would transform to a beaming smile and the happiness of seeing his son after a long gap could be clearly seen on his face. Still, when I go to my hometown, while coming out of the railway station my eyes would inadvertently move to the spot where my father would be waiting for me. But now I know it is only a happy memory.



All those thoughts flood my mind while going to pick my son from where his bus drops him when he was coming on his Diwali vacation.
Both parents have similar emotions on meeting their children when they are coming back from the place where they have gone for study or work. A father even when he grows old still would go to pick up his child, for them they are kids for ever.
Place and persons change with each generation but the happiness of occasion is same. That's perhaps how every dad feels on seeing his son return home…



Comments

Popular Posts