Pleasure of Long drives with family


Yesterday while returning from office the FM was playing this old Hindi movie song from Zehreela Insaan (O hansini meri hansini, kahan ud chali. Mere armaanon ke pankh lagaake kahan ud chali).

It was in 2002, first time I drove my car from Nagpur to Bhilai. In my car music system I had this album of a movie released at that time 'Dil Vil Pyar Vyar' which had this particular song but with a modern musical beat. 

So this particular song brought back the memories of the long drives on the highway with Leena on front seat giving company, talking and ensuring that I am alert while driving. Kids would be tucked up in the rear seat and perhaps the moving vehicle created that rocking effect due to which they used to doze off.
The first time we took off there was this thrill of driving and at the same time the fear of unknown highway. Later on, the highway was familiar but the thrill of driving continued. The best thing was that the traffic was moderate, road atleast in Maharashtra was very good and straight which you could see for quite a distance ahead. We used to pass through three stretches which had forest and here roads had turns and blind bends. One or two times it has happened that I tried overtaking and suddenly a local public transport jeep came face to face realising what it means to miss by a whisker. 

The green fields, small hills interspersed and occasional water bodies added to the natural beauty. We had our usual spots to stop over for a tea and the steaming masala chai always rejuvenated the stiffened muscles that you acquired sitting in the vehicle for long hours. 

The occasional towns and villages in between will have those traffic crossing over and made me alert about the speed I was rushing at. (O hansini meri hansini, kahan ud chali ) typically represented my car on which I was flying, my thoughts were flying to reach my home, to meet my parents. (Mere Armaanon ke pankh lagaake kahan ud chali) looking back I realize those were the days when my aspirations were taking wings and I will cherish those days always...

Comments

Popular Posts