Bollywood for Me during 80s


There was an unwritten understanding with my parents that I will go to watch a movie the next day of completion of annual exam. It was kind of reward and stress buster after the hectic study. This may have started from my standard 6 or 7. As we stayed in Bhilai township there was a theatre inside the township called as Chitra Mandir run by management of Bhilai Steel Plant where we used to go for watching movies. The other private run theatres were outside the township and it was not common for us to watch movies there. May be after high school in mid 80s I might have watched movies in those theatres. When we were kids I remember a series of hit movies of Amitabh Bachchan like Trishul, Kala Pathar, Don, Silsila, Namak Halal, Sharaabi etc but hardly one or two only I might have watched in a theatre. Instead in those days we used to collect colourful cards of the movies and film actors. It used to be available in the pan shops/ kiosks and used to be exchanged among our classmates. It was a craze of that time. By late 80s when I was in college there were several debut movies of young stars like Sunny Deol, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan etc which I have watched. 
I had friends from college hostel who would go for first day first show which I never could do being a day scholar. Few times I have dared to cut the college and went for watching movies. Most of our parents were very strict so we were not allowed to watch movies. While going to movies along with friends there was always a fear in the back of the mind that some uncleji would find us in the wrong place and the information would reach our father. It was sure thing that if caught then I would have got nice thrashing. Mostly after such escapades when we reach home I would be having the most innocent face. Thankfully I never got caught, so I am still the most obedient son…  😂😂😂

Comments

Popular Posts