The First ride you remember most


It was in late '70s when I got to sit on two wheeler for first time. We used to travel on bicycle of dad and first time my father's friend bought a new Lambi or Lambretta. Me and 4-5 of neighborhood kids climbed on to the vehicle and uncle took us for a spin. The enthusiasm was so much that I, who was sitting on the far edge of the long carrier, jumped down before the scooter stopped. Not to say about the scratches and injuries on both knees and hand as a reward for the daredevilry. Brushing aside the knee bruises I was back on my feet, such was the happiness of that first ride. 

When my son was born I had a bike and mostly we would be moving around on that. First time I took my son on a auto rickshaw and he was ecstatic. I never thought anyone can be happy about auto rickshaw, but then that was novel for my son. We were in Nagpur when our daughter was born and we had upgraded to car. Then I got transferred to Chennai and family was still not shifted. During their vacation they came to the new city to spend time with me. We went to Besant Nagar beach, while returning we had an option to go back by rickshaw or bus. Then I realised my kids had never travelled in a public transport bus, so we decided to go by bus. The ride from Besant Nagar to T Nagar was memorable one because the bus was almost empty and these kids had their first ride. 

Any first ride is always a happy memory, it is nothing to do with luxury or the type of vehicle.

Now the first ride left for me is on a Ship across the ocean and rocket to moon… 😀

Comments

  1. Awesome journey from On a foot to The Ship. But the alien journey is always a fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is very thrilling when we remember the first attempt s.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If the post connects with you, pls leave your comment here

Popular Posts