Why Summer Vacations ends in emotions


When, we were kids, the summer vacations spent at grand parent's place used to be long ones. Going for vacation it would be very exciting and thrilling. The time spent with cousins  created a long bonding. Playing among the nature, plucking fruits and flowers, smelling leaves of shrubs and plants, climbing trees, swimming in nearby water bodies, all have been a learning experience for lifetime. After all these, returning back from our ancestral home was very emotional ones. Especially because I used to see my mom crying. That sadness would permeate on to us and remain all the way back till we returned to Bhilai.

From the time I started working, I don't get long holidays to spend at home. My visit to home are usually short ones which do not last for more than 10 days. And when we are leaving I try to be emotionless so that my parents remain strong. Even then my Mother's eye would well up when I give her a hug. My Father who used to be strong also started showing emotions in later years. When I am saying ‘See You Soon’ I could clearly read in his eyes the sadness and fear of not able to meet again next time. I never imagined that it will be a reality one day.

Saying Goodbye to your near and dear ones can be really painful, who knows one day my eyes too will betray my façade…

Comments

Popular Posts